Our Internal Medicine Residency Program is designed to have 20 residents in each of the three years and one fourth-year Chief Resident. It is a categorical medical residency program. Our program does not offer preliminary positions. Our ACGME program number is 1403321246.
Information about employment salary, benefits and recruitment can be found in a sample contract located here and in the Resident Recruitment – Eligibility and Selection Policy. Offers are contingent upon satisfactory results of a background check and drug screening.
We accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application System. Interviews are by invitation only. If invited, you will receive notification via the email address supplied through ERAS. You will then receive an email from Interview Broker to schedule your interview. 2020 interviews will be conducted virtually.
All residency positions in the program are through the NRMP match; therefore we do not offer pre-match positions. To assure a fair process of selection, the Program strives to follow the NRMP Match Communication Code of Conduct. Applicants should also review NRMP statement on professionalism and the match.
Our program does not participate in post-interview communication or second looks. We feel this decreases the stress of applicants while keeping the process fair.
Our criteria for applicants is:
- All USMLEs passed on first attempt.
- Minimum passing score of 215 on each USMLE exam; 520 on COMLEX
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident (green card holder). We do not accept or sponsor visas of any kind. Applications with a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD) will be reviewed and invited, pending other aspects of the application.
- Applicants must be either graduates of US medical schools, seniors in US medical schools, or international graduates with valid ECFMG certification.
- Preferred, but not required, graduation date within the past 10 years.
Application must include:
- Medical school transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter
- ECFMG certification (if an international medical graduate)
- Official USMLE transcripts
- Personal statement
Only complete applications will be reviewed.