The Junior Volunteer Summer Program offers a unique opportunity for teen volunteers to learn about having compassion for others while gaining experience supporting patients, families, and staff in a hospital setting. While we do not offer opportunities for volunteers to shadow medical staff or gain clinical experience, we do offer a number of exciting and rewarding assignments. In addition to the hospital setting, teen volunteers can also gain experience in retail business by being a part of our Thrift Store or gift shops and build their entrepreneurship skills.
Requirements for the Summer Program
- Eligibility Age: 15 to 18 years (student should be 15 years at the time of the program orientation)
- Commit to entire length of program and consistent attendance
- Complete the Junior Volunteer Summer Program application form
- Submit reference letter
- Submit Junior Volunteer Health Screening form
- Schedule and complete your interview by deadline provided in the welcome email
- Receive your volunteer placement confirmation
- Attend the orientation program
- Ready to start volunteering!
Click here to read details about the opportunities available for the Summer Program for Juniors.
Out of an abundance of caution for the health and safety of our patients, their families and our staff, our volunteer programs are temporarily suspended. We will not be accepting any new volunteer applications until further notice.
Please note that we do not offer any internship or shadowing opportunities for adults, students or juniors.