The Junior Volunteer Summer Program offers a unique opportunity for teen volunteers to learn about having compassion for others while gaining experience supporting patients, families, and staff in a hospital setting. While we do not offer opportunities for volunteers to shadow medical staff or gain clinical experience, we do offer a number of exciting and rewarding assignments. In addition to the hospital setting, teen volunteers can also gain experience in retail business by being a part of our Thrift Store or gift shops and build their entrepreneurship skills.
Requirements for the Summer Program
- Eligibility Age: 15 to 18 years (student should be 15 years at the time of the program orientation)
- Commit to entire length of program and consistent attendance
- Understand the Junior Volunteer Summer Program application and onboarding process
- Complete the Junior Volunteer Summer Program application form
- Submit reference letter
- Submit Junior Volunteer Health Screening form
- Schedule and complete your interview by deadline provided in the welcome email
- Receive your volunteer placement confirmation
- Attend the orientation program
- Ready to start volunteering!
Click here to read details about the opportunities available for the Summer Program for Juniors.
Applications accepted between January 31 – March 27, 2020 (by 4 pm).
Please note that we do not offer any internship or shadowing opportunities for adults, students or juniors.