Click here for a printable PDF flyer.
An estimated 90 million Americans (42 percent of the current population) experience dizziness at least once in their lifetime. If you or someone you care about experiences problems with movement-related dizziness or balance, our Balance Center (Vestibular Rehabilitation program) may help you resolve your dizziness and regain your sense of balance.
Do you notice any the following symptoms?
- A sense of spinning (vertigo)
- Imbalance (disequilibrium)
- Frequent falls
- Light and/or sound sensitivity
Therapy may help you to:
- Identify and address issues that are causing you to fall
- Improve tolerance to head/body position changes
- Improve tolerance of visually stimulating environments
- Improve balance
- Increase range of motion and muscle strength
- Return to normal daily activities
Our therapists will design a therapy program especially for you. Therapy may include:
- Positional maneuvers (Hallpike, Epley, etc.)
- Gaze stabilization exercises
- Habituation exercises
- Training in balance, coordination and gait
Therapy sessions may be as few as two visits for some conditions, or one to two times per week (for up to 6 weeks) for other conditions. Personalized home exercises and activities are usually given as homework. Obtain a prescription for therapy from your physician and schedule time for an evaluation so your therapist can listen to your concerns and evaluate your performance.
Herdman, S.J. & Clendaniel, R.A. Vestibular Rehabilitation 4th ed. Philadelphia: F.A. Davis Company, 2014