Click here for a printable PDF flyer.
Our specially trained therapists work closely with your physician, designing a program tailored specifically to your needs to help you to regain control of your urinary and/or bowel function. Therapy is provided in a private, confidential, and comfortable setting.
Do you notice any of the following symptoms:
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Urge urinary incontinence
- Bowel incontinence
Therapy may help you:
- Participate in activities without incontinence
- Relieve difficulty in evacuation
- Manage symptoms on your own
- Improve muscle performance thus improving your control
Therapy often includes:
- Pelvic floor exercises
- Core stability exercises
- Range of motion associated with ligament and other connective tissue dysfunction
- Bladder retraining
- Bowel retraining
- Behavioral techniques
- Diet modifications
Therapy sessions are generally one to three times per week for 4-6 weeks. Home exercises and activities are usually given as homework. Schedule time for an evaluation so your therapist can listen to your concerns and evaluate your performance.