Services and Treatments
At Capital Health Gastroenterology Specialists – Hopewell, our goal is to diagnose any gastrointestinal disease that may be affecting your digestive tract, control the symptoms, improve your quality of life, and when possible, eliminate the disease.
We provide medical services and treatments for the following conditions:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Chronic constipation and diarrhea
- Colon cancer screening and surveillance
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Chronic liver disease (including viral hepatitis and alcoholic liver disease)
- Motility disorders of the esophagus
- Celiac disease
- Gallstone disease
- Pancreatitis (acute and chronic)
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Diverticular disease
- Anorectal diseases (including defecatory disorders and hemorrhoids)
Some of the screenings and diagnostic testing we use include:
- Full range of lab testing (blood work)
- Abdominal imaging (CT, MRI)
- Anorectal manometry
- Bravo™ 48 hour pH monitoring
- Chromoendoscopy for inflammatory bowel disease
- Esophageal Manometry
- Upper endoscopy
- Video capsule endoscopy
Our treatment approaches to specific conditions include:
- Lifestyle modifications and acid suppressive therapy for gastroesophageal reflux (GERD).
- Dietary modification, fiber supplementation, laxative or antidiarrheal therapy, and medication therapy (antispasmodic and nonnarcotic pain modulating therapy) for irritable bowel syndrome.
- Therapeutic upper endoscopy and colonoscopy for gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Dietary and medical therapy for chronic liver disease or cirrhosis. Referral to liver specialists or liver transplant center as needed for advanced or complex liver disease.
- Dietary, oral medications (5-aminosalicylates and immunomodulators), and injectable biologics for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
In addition to these treatments, our office also works with other specialists when necessary, including: