The Capital Health Vascular Laboratory is a comprehensive facility specifically designed for state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of patients with circulatory problems.
The services we provide include:
Diagnosis and treatment of arterial disease
- Peripheral Vascular Disease – Blocks blood flow to the arteries of the arms or legs, causing pain or numbness.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome – Compression of the subclavian artery or nerve causing positional pain or numbness in the arms.
- Raynauds Disease – A condition in which episodic attacks narrow blood vessels in the fingers and toes causing numbness and tingling. Increases sensitivity to cold.
- Carotid Artery Stenosis - Narrowing of the carotid artery, which is the largest blood supplier to the brain. Symptoms include visual disturbances, weakness on one side of the body, and slurred speech. This is a leading cause of stroke.
Diagnosis and treatment of venous disease
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – Blood clots in the deep venous system. Symptoms include leg swelling (typically just one leg), redness, and pain.
- Superficial Phlebitis – Blood clots in the superficial venous system. Painful, hard "cord" that runs along the leg, or fills a varicosity.
- Venous insufficiency – Venous insufficiency is a condition in which the veins do not efficiently return blood from the lower limbs back to the heart. Diagnosis and Treatment of Abdominal/Pelvic Disease
Diagnosis and treatment of abdominal/pelvic disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm – A “ ballooning” of the main artery of the body.
- Renal Artery Stenosis – narrowing of the artery supplying blood to the kidney.
- Uterine Fibroids – A benign tumor found in the uterus.
- Renal Vascular Access Assessment
- Lymphedema Treatment
- Wound Care - more info