Upon completion of the activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the measures used to manage risk factors for stroke and cardiovascular disease.
- Discuss the impact of pre-hospital care on the management of stroke patients.
- Explain the assessments of anterior and posterior stroke.
- Explain the role of the Primary Stroke Center in acute stroke management.
- Compare the roles of advanced practice providers caring for stroke patients in the hospital and ambulatory settings.
- Describe the most up-to-date endovascular treatment options for acute ischemic stroke.
- Discuss the risks and benefits of various treatment options for intracerebral hemorrhage.
- Explain the different treatment alternatives for management of intracranial aneurysms.
- Describe how neuroscience nursing has changed to meet the challenges of advanced stroke care.
- Explain the current management and treatment of atrial fibrillation.
- Review the impact of early rehabilitation on patient outcomes.