Staffed by state licensed audiologists, Capital Health's Audiology Department provides diagnostic and treatment services for adults and children (ages newborn and up). Our services include:
- Immittance testing
- Acoustic reflex testing
- Comprehensive distortion product otoacoustic emission (DPOAE) testing
- Comprehensive audiometry (pure tone air and bone thresholds and speech audiometry)
- Visual reinforcement and conditioned play audiometry
- Non-sedated follow-up screening using auditory brainstem response (ABR) for newborns
- Hearing aid evaluation
- Dispensing of the most up-to-date hearing aid technology
- Real-ear verification of hearing instruments
- Video electronystagmography (VNG) testing to evaluate dizziness and imbalance
- Central auditory processing evaluations to evaluate auditory pathway integrity and pinpoint areas of weakness
Capital Health currently performs all audiology services at Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell, Capital Health - Hamilton and Capital Health Regional Medical Center. Location is subject to the type of testing needed.
To schedule an appointment, call Capital Health Central Scheduling at 609-394-6695.