Capital Health Achieves Magnet® Recognition for the Fifth Time
Capital Health received Magnet recognition for the fifth consecutive time in February 2022, proof of continued nursing excellence. The American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program® identifies superior quality in nursing care by evaluating performance outcomes. Magnet recognition is the highest national honor for nursing practice.
At Capital Health, we are proud of our continued Magnet recognition, which is proof of our dedication to quality patient care. Research shows that Magnet-recognized organizations consistently demonstrate:
- Higher patient satisfaction with nurse communication, availability of help, and receipt of discharge information.
- Lower risk of 30-day mortality and lower failure to rescue rates.
- Lower rates of falls.
As of February 2022, we were one of only 34 health care organizations worldwide to achieve Magnet®Recognition five times or more. An organization that reapplies for Magnet recognition must provide documented evidence of how staff members sustained and improved Magnet concepts, performance, and quality over the four-year period since the organization received its last recognition.
ANCC evaluates organizations seeking both initial Magnet recognition and recertification, judging how well organizations perform in the five foundations of the Magnet Model, which correlate to global issues in nursing and health care. ANCC looks at the degree to which leaders:
- Transform the organization to meet changing needs.
- Empower staff members and prepare them to face all challenges.
- Promote exemplary professional practice.
- Foster innovation within staff knowledge, clinical practice, and systemic improvements.
- Measure and evaluate outcomes throughout the entire organization.
At Capital Health, we are dedicated to providing our patients with the highest quality care, and this renewed recognition confirms our success in this endeavor.
For more information about the Magnet Recognition Program and current statistics, visit www.nursingworld.org/organizational-programs/magnet.