Providing High Quality, Award–Winning Nursing Care
Capital Health nurses have a long tradition of caring for our community for over 130 years. Our nurses started from the first nursing school in the State of New Jersey, the Trenton Training School for Nurses in 1890. Our nurses continued their grassroots in the community with the opening of the second nursing school in Trenton in 1895 with the Mercer Hospital School of Nursing. While the names of the schools changed and even more were added we never wavered from our community.
Those nurses went on to become Magnet Nurses in 2002. Since then we have been designated four consecutive times and are working toward are fifth designation. We practice with the same commitment to excellence as we have from the very beginning.