Dr. Varughese and her team provide treatment for all gynecologic cancers as well as precancerous diseases of the cervix, vagina, vulva, and uterus. We work closely with referring physicians and a full team of specialists to carefully coordinate your care. With Dr. Varughese as your surgical oncology professional, that team will likely include a pathologist, radiation oncologist, and medical oncologist working together to deliver seamless multidisciplinary care under one roof at Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell.
Cancers of the female reproductive system include:
- Fallopian tubes
- Uterus (endometrial and sarcoma)
- Peritoneum (lining of the abdomen)
Other Conditions We Treat
- Complex ovarian masses that may be malignant
- Familial cancer syndromes (hereditary breast and ovarian cancer, Lynch syndrome)
Procedures We Offer
- Minimally invasive surgery (including robotic-assisted laparoscopy using the da Vinci Surgical System)
- Traditional open surgery
- Surgical staging and debulking for gynecologic cancers
- Sentinel lymph node mapping for endometrial cancer
In addition to post-surgical follow-up and monitoring, we work with you to coordinate any emotional support services you need as you navigate your diagnosis, treatment and recovery. We also focus on quality of life issues during and after treatment, including sexual health and nutrition.