This special event welcomes all women veteran breast cancer survivors, those currently battling breast cancer, in addition to family and friends of women veterans and active military. This event recognizes Women’s Veterans Appreciation Day and the women who have or who currently serve to protect the United States and those veterans who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. Shannon Davila, a military veteran, nurse, and breast cancer survivor, will lead the program co-hosted by New Jersey Commission on Women Veterans and Capital Health Cancer Center.
Registrants will receive a complimentary snack and gift for attending. Following the event, participants are welcome to walk the park’s wooded walking trails.
Participants should bring a chair or blanket to sit on. This event is wheelchair accessible and is provided at no cost.
- Breast cancer survivors sharing stories of wellness, survivorship, and support
- Capital Health breast cancer medical experts sharing best practices for breast health, screening recommendations, and post-treatment care
- Healthy eating tips from a licensed oncology dietitian
- Relaxation exercises like tai chi and yoga that have lasting health benefits
- Breast cancer resources and program information
Register by Thursday, June 9, 2022 to reserve your spot. In the event of a rainout on June 11, this event will be moved to Saturday, June 18 at the same time.