Click here to register online. Classes are free to Capital Health Cancer Center Patients.
What is Tai Chi?
Tai chi is an ancient Chinese tradition that, today, is practiced as a graceful form of exercise to promote serenity. It involves a series of gentle, flowing movements performed in a slow, focused manner and accompanied by deep breathing, often described as meditation in motion.
How will Tai Chi benefit you at this time?
When learned correctly and performed regularly, tai chi can be a positive part of an overall approach to improving your health. Here are some of the benefits:
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Enhance the immune system
- Increase energy and stamina
- Improve flexibility, balance and agility
- Enhance quality of sleep
- Help lower blood pressure
- Improve joint pain
Tuesdays | 1 - 2 p.m.
Saturdays | 10:30 – 11:30 p.m.
Capital Health Wellness Center Safety Protocols
- 6 person max per class to maintain 6 foot social distancing
- Clients are asked to arrive dressed to workout
- Masks are required to be worn during all classes
- Temperature screening is done at the entrance to the hospital
This experience is provided in generosity by the estate of the Sandra L. Capelli Foundation.