Is your depression causing you serious FOMO? Have you been isolating from friends and family? Ignoring texts to go out because you feel too depressed to get out of bed? Then SHIFT is the group for you. This 10-week group therapy for young adults ages 19 – 29 will teach you new, healthier ways of thinking, feeling and behaving while you gain new perspectives on how to manage your depression.
Facilitator: Jenna Straus
Symptoms of depression may include:
- Fatigue or loss of energy almost every day
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt almost every day
- Impaired concentration, indecisiveness
- Insomnia or hypersomnia (excessive sleeping) almost every day
- Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in almost all activities nearly every day (called anhedonia, this symptom can be indicated by reports from significant others)
- Restlessness or feeling slowed down
- Recurring thoughts of death or suicide
- Significant weight loss or gain (a change of more than 5 percent of body weight in a month)
This group therapy program will be billed to your health insurance.