Allison Lubina, OPN-CG
Allison works with all members of the oncology team to help patients, families, and caregivers understand their insurance coverage and overcome financial challenges and other obstacles to care, such as the need for personal support, language barriers, and any other problems that may arise during treatment. Allison earned an associate degree in applied science at Mercer County Community College and received a certificate for medical office administration from the Cittone Institute in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. Before joining the Cancer Center, Allison was a lead representative with Capital Health for more than 15 years, during which she became well versed in health insurance, Medicare, and HIPAA issues.
Laura Martin, BA, OPN-CG
As the patient navigator at Capital Health’s Cancer Center, Laura assists all oncology patients and families by providing support and resources as they move from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship. Laura earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in business from Michigan State University and has management and leadership experience in home health care, the hospitality industry, and education.
She came to Capital Health from the YWCA Princeton, where she served for nearly ten years as program coordinator/acting director of the Breast Cancer Resource Center. In addition to her professional background, Laura also brings with her personal experience as a survivor of two different cancers and a family caregiver, which means she can relate to and understand what patients and their loved ones go through.
As our patient navigator, Laura is available to help patients and their loved ones:
- Understand the health care system, the multi-disciplinary nature of cancer treatment, and the roles of their health care team members.
- Overcome barriers to care to ensure completion of the patient’s recommended treatment plan.
- Get answers to questions in an efficient and timely manner from members of the health care team or other sources.
- Arrange transportation to Capital Health for oncology-related appointments.
- Schedule and track appointments.
- Locate ancillary resources within the community such as complementary therapy, and mental health counseling.
- Arrange appointments for Capital Health’s Direct Access Colonoscopy program.
- Initiate the process of obtaining Genetic Counseling and Testing
The services of the patient navigator are provided at no additional cost to you or your insurance company.