The Neurophysiology Laboratory at Capital Health offers a wide range of neurodiagnostic testing procedures in two convenient locations, Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell.
Testing offered at Capital Health's Neurophysiology Lab includes:
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- 24-Hour Ambulatory EEG Monitoring
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Evoked Potential Studies (Auditory, Visual and Somatosensory)
- Long Term Monitoring (LTM) for Epilepsy (Adults and Pediatrics at Capital Health Medical Center- Hopewell)
Physicians and their patients benefit from the convenience offered by the program which offers centralized services so all arrangements can be accomplished with one phone call, and multiple testing procedures can be accomplished quickly and in one location.
In 2006, the Capital Health Neurophysiology Department was one of 12 programs in the United States to achieve accredited status for its Electroencephalography (EEG) Laboratory from the LAB section of the American Board of Registration of Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists (LABRET). The EEG Laboratory acheived reaccreditation in 2011.