Capital Health offers a 12-month Neurosciences Nurse Practitioner Fellowship. Capital Health will accept one new graduate for each session from an accredited NP program or currently licensed Nurse Practitioner for this certificate program.
The fellow will work as part of the Capital Institute for Neurosciences, a center for advanced neuroscience care in the Delaware Valley that draws patients from throughout the New Jersey/Philadelphia region and beyond.
The Institute is part of Capital Health, a-two hospital health care system in central New Jersey. The health care system includes a state-of-the-art hospital in Hopewell Township, NJ where the Institute's outpatient offices are located.
The 12-month fellowship will cover a broad spectrum of neurosurgery and neurology experiences in the following clinical rotations:
- Outpatient Neurology – two months
- Inpatient Neurology – two months
- Neurosurgical ICU – two months
- Center for Neurologic Emergency Medicine – two months
- Neurosurgery – two months
- Neuroradiology – one month
- Endovascular Neurosurgery – one month
Clinical rotations will be supplemented with didactic sessions, Grand Rounds, Journal Club and other learning experiences.
Eligibility and application
To be eligible to apply for the Capital Health Neuroscience Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Have a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing as an Acute Care, Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Be licensed as an APN in the state of New Jersey at least one month prior to the start of the program year (July 1)
- Submit application form
- Submit CV
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation directly from collaborating physician, clinical preceptor, or program director
- Submit an official transcript directly from Nurse Practitioner program
- Provide a narrative statement of interest and future goals in the neurosciences field (maximum 300 words)
- Applications due: April 15
- Fellow Selection: June 1
- Fellowship Start Date: September 1
Individuals considered for appointment will complete a personal interview.
Priority will be given to applicants willing to commit to a 12-month employment period immediately following completion of the program.
Click here to submit an application online.
Requirements of Fellow
Hours – The Fellow’s educational schedule will generally consist of eight-hour days with one night call per week and one 24-hour weekend call per month.
Successful completion of the Nurse Practitioner Neuroscience Fellowship Certificate Program will be established by:
- Successful completion of the fellowship with a comprehensive evaluation, including demonstration of skills
- Manuscript or poster presentation submission to professional organization
Questions about the program can be e-mailed to: [email protected]
Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation must be mailed directly to:
Capital Institute for Neurosciences
750 Brunswick Avenue
Trenton, NJ 08638