The Junior Volunteer Summer Program offers a unique opportunity for teen volunteers to learn about having compassion for others while gaining experience supporting patients, families, and staff in a hospital setting. While we do not offer opportunities for volunteers to shadow medical staff or gain clinical experience, we do offer a number of exciting and rewarding assignments. In addition to the hospital setting, teen volunteers can also gain experience in retail business by being a part of our Thrift Store or gift shops and build their entrepreneurship skills.
Requirements for the Summer Program
- Eligibility Age - 15 to 18 years (student should be 15 years at the time of the program orientation).
- Commit to Entire Length of Program and Consistent Attendance.
- Review the Junior Volunteer Application Process.
- Complete the Junior Volunteer Application Form. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
- Submit Reference Letter.
- Submit Junior Volunteer Health Screening Form.
- Schedule and Complete Your Interview by Deadline Provided in the Welcome Email.
- Receive Your Volunteer Placement Confirmation.
- Attend the Orientation Program.
- Ready to Start Volunteering!
- Applications Accepted: Feb 12 - March 31, 2019 (by 4 pm)
- Orientation: June 27 or 28, 2019
- Program Commitment: July 8 - August 30, 2019