Our gastrointestinal (GI) cancer nurse navigator will help guide you through the health care system and ease any fears along the way. She is a specially trained oncology nurse that helps individuals from an initial diagnosis through the course of treatment. Our GI cancer nurse navigator can:
- Answers questions and helps you understand your GI cancer treatment plan.
- Helps facilitate communication between you and your physicians.
- Directs you to cancer resources and community support services.
- Provides emotional and motivational support.
- Helps you get answers to any of your questions in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assists with scheduling your appointments.
- Provides ongoing support through the Capital Health Survivorship Program and other support groups.
Our GI cancer nurse navigator provides this service to patients at no additional cost to you or your insurance companies. To learn more about the GI Cancer Navigation Program, call Margo Creevey, RN, BSN, MSN, AOCN, GI cancer nurse navigator at 609-303-4503.