Capital Health offers a comprehensive outpatient diabetes education program that empowers patients to take control in the successful management of their disease. A physician referral is required for participation. This intensive program is recognized by the American Diabetes Association and includes:
- Individual appointment with a certified diabetes nurse educator
- Group sessions taught by a multidisciplinary staff
- Blood glucose monitoring before and after meals
- Two-month individual follow-up appointment
- An individual appointment with a registered dietitian is available upon request by your physician
The program is offered at Capital Health - Hamilton and Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell in two-day sessions (8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.) or four-evening sessions (5:30 - 8 p.m.).