A giant inflatable human colon will be on-site at Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell, home to the Capital Health Cancer Center and Center for Digestive Health, to highlight colorectal cancer risk factors and who should be screened. Walk through The Capital Colon and learn more about what conditions affect the human colon and how cancer can develop.
This is an opportunity to:
- Meet our gastroenterologists and colorectal surgeon and ask questions related to digestive health
- Learn how colonoscopy screenings can prevent cancer and sign up for a colonoscopy
- Discuss healthy eating and lifestyle tips with our oncology nutritionist
- Learn about the prep for a colonoscopy with our pharmacy experts
- Pick up free blue giveaways and digestive health-related information
Colon cancer is one of the deadliest forms of cancer in the United States, but learning more about the disease and proactive steps you can take could make a difference in preventing colon cancer.