Over the past five years, all 3rd-year residents finishing the program have been deemed Board Qualified at the time of completion of their three years of training. Information about the board exam pass rates for all internal medicine programs is available online at the ABIM web site: www.abim.org
. This site also supplies important information about the interpretation of board exam pass rates.
The program provides several activities to facilitate preparation for the exam by:
- Highly interactive board review sessions held in the second half of the academic year
- Based on material from the American College of Physicians Medical Knowledge Self Assessment Program
- An annual in-training service exam
- Monthly subspecialty quizzes
- Facilitating attendance of all residents in the PG3 year at a nationally conducted board review session by providing duty coverage and financial support
- Conducting annually two hour clinical exam skills exercise
- Conducting mini-cex's at patient's bedside, and
- Monthly reading reviews with the faculty advisor.
Graduates of the program have pursued fellowships in cardiology, hematology/oncology, nephrology, geriatrics, infectious disease, and rheumatology.