The residency program is designed to have eleven residents in each of the three years and one fourth-year Chief Resident. It is a categorical medicine residency program. This program does not offer preliminary positions.
Information about our benefits and conditions for employment can be found in a sample contract located here. Offers are contingent upon satisfactory results of a background check and drug screening.
We accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application System. Interviews are by invitation only. If invited, you will receive notification via the email address supplied through ERAS. All residency positions in the program are through the NRMP match, therefore we do not offer pre-match positions.
Please review the NRMP Match Communication Code of Conduct. Our program does not participate in post-interview communication or second looks. We feel this decreases the stress of applicants while keeping the process fair. Please view this article for further information: “Manipulation and the Match.”
Our criteria for applicants is as follows:
- All USMLEs passed on first attempt
- Minimum score of 200 on each USMLE exam
- Must be a US citizen or a permanent resident (green card holder). We do not sponsor J1 or H1 visas.
- Applicants must be either graduates of US medical schools, seniors in US medical schools, or international graduates with valid ECFMG certification.
- Preferred, but not required, graduation date within the past 10 years
Application must include:
- Medical school transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter
- ECFMG certification (if an international medical graduate)
- Official USMLE transcripts
- Personal statement
Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Applications are reviewed looking for evidence of a demonstrated record of success and specifically for applicants who are able to exhibit possession of a variety of strengths.