Capital Health offers a 12-month Neurosciences Nurse Practitioner Fellowship. Capital Health will accept one new graduate for each session from an accredited NP program or currently licensed Nurse Practitioner for this certificate program.
The fellow will work as part of the Capital Institute for Neurosciences, a center for advanced neuroscience care in the Delaware Valley that draws patients from throughout the New Jersey/Philadelphia region and beyond. The Institute includes a 26 bed neuro ICU, a research program, and the country’s only dedicated neuro emergency department.
The Institute is part of Capital Health, a two hospital healthcare system in central New Jersey. The healthcare system includes a new, soon to open, state of the art hospital in Hopewell, NJ which will be the primary location for the Institute and its outpatient offices.
The twelve month fellowship will cover a broad spectrum of neurosurgery and neurology experiences in the following clinical rotations:
- Outpatient Neurology – 2 months
- Inpatient Neurology – 2 months
- Neurosurgical ICU – 2 months
- Center for Neurologic Emergency Medicine – 2 months
- Neurosurgery – 2 months
- Neuroradiology – 1 month
- Endovascular Neurosurgery – 1 month
Clinical rotations will be supplemented with didactic sessions, Grand Rounds, Journal Club and other learning experiences.
Eligibility and Application –
To be eligible to apply for the Capital Health Neuroscience Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program, applicants must:
- Have a graduate degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing as an Acute Care, Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Be licensed as an APN in the state of New Jersey at least one month prior to the start of the program year (July1)
- Submit application form
- Submit CV
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation directly from collaborating physician, clinical preceptor, or program director
- Submit an official transcript directly from Nurse Practitioner program
- Provide a narrative statement of interest and future goals in the neurosciences field (Maximum 300 words)
Admission Timeline –
- Applications due: January 15
- Interviews begin: February 1
- Fellow Selection: March 1
- Fellowship Start Date: July 1
Individuals considered for appointment will complete a personal interview with the Medical Director and Nurse Practitioner preceptors.
Priority will be given to applicants willing to commit to a 12-month employment period immediately following completion of the program.
Requirements of Fellow –
Hours – The Fellow’s educational schedule will generally consist of 8-hour days with one night call per week and one 24-hour weekend call per month.
Successful completion of the Nurse Practitioner Neuroscience Fellowship Certificate Program will be established by:
- Successful completion of 7 Modules with evaluation of each, including demonstration of skills
- End of Fellowship comprehensive evaluation
- Manuscript or poster presentation submission to professional organization
Questions about the program can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation must be mailed directly to:
Mitchell J. Rubin MD FAAN
Capital Health Regional Medical Center
750 Brunswick Avenue
Trenton, New Jersey 08638
CLICK HERE TO APPLY