Volunteering at Capital Health
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Capital Health.
NOTE: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS OR CALLS FOR JUNIOR VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS SUMMER (2014).
Your role as a volunteer can be as basic, and as important, as just being a friend to a patient in the trying days of illness.
Some of the volunteer opportunities at Capital Health:
- Volunteers supplement employees by transporting patients, escort service, comforting and entertaining patients within the hospital through the Concierge Program, the Pediatric Reader Program and the Hug a Preemie program.
- Volunteers work at the Information Desks by providing visitors with information and assistance as needed.
- Volunteers work with staff in the same day surgery area offering patients assistance and comfort as needed.
- Volunteers supplement the paid staff in such service areas as the gift shops, the mailroom, building management, dietary, and the storerooms.
- Pet Therapy volunteers visit patients throughout the hospital with their specially trained friends who comfort both patients and staff daily.
You can make a difference by providing friendliness and compassion to our patients and their families. As a volunteer you have the opportunity to enrich your life with new experiences while meeting new people and learning new skills while knowing your time and talent make a difference in our community.
Adult volunteer opportunities are available year round.
Adult volunteer requirements include:
- Complete volunteer application
- In person interview
- Commitment to a minimum of 50 hours of volunteer time
- Two personal references
- A background check which is completed after your interview
- A two step TB screening, performed by Capital Health at no charge
- An orientation and training
- Please be aware that we do not offer any internship or shadowing opportunities for adults or students.
Volunteer opportunities are available for young people ages 14 – 18 during the summer months.
- Contact the Volunteer Department for more information on Junior Volunteer requirements.
Please call the Volunteer Department at 609-303-4023 for more information on both adult and junior volunteer opportunities at Capital Health.
You may request an application be mailed to your home or you can click here
and download a copy of the application. You will be contacted for an interview to discuss the opportunities that are available and how they may match your talents and interests.