Volunteering at Capital Health
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Capital Health.
Your role as a volunteer can be as basic, and as important, as just being a friend to a patient in the trying days of illness. You can read more about our Volunteer Services in our newsletters.
SOME OF THE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES AT CAPITAL HEALTH:
- Volunteers supplement employees by transporting patients, escort service, comforting and entertaining patients within the hospital through the Concierge Program, the Art Program, the Tea Cart program and other areas as needed.
- Volunteers work at the Information Desks by providing visitors with information and assistance as needed.
- Volunteers work with staff in the same day surgery area offering patients assistance and comfort as needed.
- Volunteers supplement the paid staff in such service areas as the gift shops, the mailroom, building management, dietary, and the storerooms.
- Pet Therapy volunteers visit patients throughout the hospital with their specially trained friends who comfort both patients and staff daily.
- Our Junior Volunteers Program offer students the opportunity to work in a service capacity with patients, hospital visitors, and healthcare professionals. Our goal is to provide a rewarding experience for our junior volunteers while educating them about the healthcare field.
You can make a difference by providing friendliness and compassion to our patients and their families. As a volunteer you have the opportunity to enrich your life with new experiences while meeting new people and learning new skills while knowing your time and talent make a difference in our community.
Adult Volunteer requirements include:
- Complete Adult Volunteer application
- In person interview
- Commitment to a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer time annually
- Two personal references
- A background check which is completed after your interview
- A two-step TB screening, performed by Capital Health at no charge
- An orientation and training
Junior Volunteer (15-18) requirements include:
- Complete Junior Volunteer application
- Commitment of hours and weeks varies by program
- Two references letters
- Inoculation records
- An orientation and training
Please be aware that we do not offer any internship or shadowing opportunities for adults, students or juniors.
APPLYING TO BE A VOLUNTEER
Once you submit an application, you will be contacted for an interview to discuss the opportunities that are available and how they may match your talents and interests. Please note submitting the wrong application (adult versus junior program) may delay our reply to your application.
Adult Volunteer Program
Adult Volunteer opportunities are available year-round. Click here to complete our online Adult Volunteer Program application.
To request a print adult application to be mailed to your home, or for more information on volunteer opportunities, please call us at 609-303-4023 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Volunteer Program
The 2017 Summer Junior Program is currently full. Thank you for your interest.