The DAISY Team Award is designed to honor collaboration by two or more people, led by a nurse, who identify and meet patient and/or family needs by going above and beyond the traditional role of nursing.
- Teams must be led by a nurse or a group of nurses.
- Teams must be comprised of two or more individuals (not necessarily all nurses).
- Team members exemplify Capital Health’s values and embody the mission.
- Team members are role models of collaboration and teamwork that make a difference in the lives of patients, family, employees, and/or the community.
- The Team’s project is described in detail, including outcomes.
Examples of extraordinary collaborations that may be honored with the DAISY Team Award include:
- A “Prom” organized for a patient who is unable to attend his/her own.
- An ED team dealing with multiple accident victims.
- A wedding for a patient who is unable to attend his/her own outside of the healthcare facility.
- A fund to provide haircuts to patients who will lose their hair during treatment. Then donating the hair to a charitable organization that can put the hair to good use.
- A process for creating mementos of patients to be given to family members.