CarePartners & Visiting Hours
Capital Health supports patient-family-centered care and welcomes the involvement of family and friends as CarePartners. A CarePartner is someone chosen by the patient to be involved in his or her healthcare experience. A CarePartner may be a significant other, family member or friend.
- Patients may choose up to (3) adults as a CarePartners. Each will receive an orange wrist band from the health care team that will show us that he/she has permission to be actively involved in care. The level of involvement is between the patient and the CarePartner and can be 24/7.
- CarePartners receive information directly from the health care team.
- CarePartners communicate information to family and friends.
- One CarePartner can stay with the patient 24/7, but may be asked to step out of the room when the health care team is providing care.
- The Medical Power of Attorney does not have to be one of the CarePartners.
For those who are not designated CarePartners but still want to visit a patient at Capital Health, the visiting hours for both hospitals are as follows:
Capital Health Regional Medical Center (Trenton)
General Visiting Hours: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Visiting Hours for Inpatient Mental Health Unit: Monday - Friday, 6-8 p.m.; Weekends & Holidays, 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m.
Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell
General visiting hours at Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell are open except for Maternity Services.
Capital Health Maternity Services
For the health and safety of our parents and newborns, Capital Health Maternity Services has the following visiting hours and policies in place:
|All Maternity Units
||Excess visitors are asked to wait in the Maternity Lobby. A blue visitor pass must be issued to a visitor prior to he or she entering a maternity unit (except for yellow OB Triage pass).
|OB Triage Rooms
||One support person will be issued a yellow OB Triage visitor pass.
|Labor & Delivery Rooms
||Three support people (named by patient on admission) identified by a blue wristband showing room number.
||One support person may stay 24 hours (CarePartner). Four visitors (including support person) may visit in the room at one time from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
||One support person may stay 24 hours (CarePartner). No more than four visitors (plus the person wearing the infant security identification bracelet) may visit in the room at one time from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
||One support person in OB scrubs.
||No more than four people may visit at one time from the nursery window. Babies who remain in the hospital past the date of medical discharge may be visited by parents or foster parents from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. at Capital Health Regional Medical Center (Trenton). There is no restriction on time of visit at Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell.