What is a patient portal?
Capital Health’s free online patient portals give you access to your health information and valuable tools to help manage your health anytime, anywhere from your computer, tablet, or smart phone.
If you are a patient at one of our doctors’ offices, your portal gives you secure access to:
- View your medical history as it appears in our record, including but not limited to lab test results, medication and allergies list, and a history of visits to our offices (including in-office procedures and immunizations).
- Access statements and ledgers for keeping track of your bill payments.
Future plans for the portal include access to be able to:
- Request prescription refills (currently being tested)
- Send messages to your care provider
- Update your profile information
- Request appointments
Who can sign up for a portal?
Our portals are available to patients 18 years of age or older who see a participating Capital Health provider. Parents/guardians can sign up for their child's account during the child's office visit.
Who has access to my portal?
Patients who use the portal can log in and share their information with anyone they wish (ie, a spouse, caregiver or other trusted loved ones).
What do I do if I lose or forget my password?
If you are trying to get your password for the doctors office portal, call or contact your doctors office by phone or by using the office’s Contact Us form. You can also call our Help Desk (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. ET) at 609.815.7272.
Is there a fee to sign up?
No, Capital Health offers portals as a free service to our patients.
Am I able to communicate with my provider through the portal?
Not at the present time, but eventually the doctors office portal will allow you to send secure messages to your doctors office. The portal should not be a substitute for timely contact or consultation with your provider.
THIS PORTAL SHOULD NOT BE USED IN THE CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU ARE HAVING AN EMERGENCY, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1 OR GO TO THE NEAREST EMERGENCY ROOM.