Spine Rehabilitation Program
Click here for a printable PDF flyer.
An overwhelming 90% of the population will experience a spinal condition at least once in their lifetime. Neck and lower back pain can be debilitating and prevents many people from performing their daily living and recreational activities. At Capital Health, our goal is to decrease pain and give you the tools to manage your symptoms.
Do you suffer with any of the following?
- Acute or chronic neck and back pain
- Disc herniation/bulge
- Disc degeneration
- Radiculopathy and myelopathy
- Spinal fractures
- Post-operative spinal pain
Therapy may help you:
- Decrease pain
- Improve range of motion
- Improve strength and flexibility
- Improve posture and biomechanics
- Improve function and movement
Our therapists work with you to design a therapy program especially for you. Therapy often includes:
- McKenzie method of mechanic diagnosis and therapy
- Manual therapy
- Core stabilization exercise program
- Body mechanics and postural education
- Dynamic stabilization
- Self treatment strategies
Therapy sessions are generally 2-3 times per week for 4-6 weeks duration. Home exercises and activities are usually given as homework. Obtain a prescription from your physician and schedule time for an evaluation so your therapist can help address your concerns and evaluate your performance.
References: American Academy Orthopaedic Surgeons
National institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases