Preparing For Your Hospital Stay
The following checklist will be helpful to follow prior to your stay at Capital Health Medical Center – Hopewell.
- Make a list of medications taken at home and bring it with you on your day of surgery.
- Also make a list of any doctors you currently see, including your primary care doctor, so that we can provide updates on your condition as needed.
- Copy of your Advanced Directive or Health Care Proxy
- Any educational materials given to you
- Eyeglasses, contacts, hearing aides and dentures.
- Personal care items
- Clothes for discharge or rehab
- Loose fitting
- Avoid elastic around pant cuffs
- Comfortable non-slip shoes with backs, no clogs, slides or flip flops
The following list is items that you should NOT bring with you to the hospital:
- All valuables including jewelry, handbags, wallets (be sure to bring a photo ID and insurance card)
- Credit Cards