Diabetes Education at Capital Health offers two-day or four-evening group interactive sessions covering key areas as outlined by the American Diabetes Association. Components of this full program are listed below.
- Physician assessment—included if requested by referring physician
- Nursing assessment/evaluation—provided by a certified diabetes educator
- Nutritional assessment/evaluation—provided by a registered dietitian
- Four group instructional sessions covering key areas as outlined by the ADA
- Interaction and support of other group members with diabetes
- Lunch or dinner provided
- An eight week follow-up appointment
- Personalized progress reports are sent to the referring physician
By participating in our program, patients have an opportunity to fully understand the rationale for early aggressive intervention to prevent both microvascular and macrovascular complications of diabetes mellitus.