Public Reporting: Stroke Outcomes
Capital Health Recognized as a Top Performing Hospital
In 2012, Capital Health was recognized by The Joint Commission as a “Top Performer on Key Quality Measures”, including stroke care. Only 18% of all hospitals nationwide achieved this level of excellence. For more information, go to www.jointcommission.org, click on “Quality Check”, and search for Capital Health, New Jersey.
Shorter Hospital Stays
Our stroke patients at Capital Health Regional Medical Center have shorter hospital stays, allowing them to return home or begin their rehabilitation quicker as compared to other New Jersey hospitals.
What Our Patients Have to Say
What do our stroke patients tell us about the care they received at Capital Health?
More than 9 out of 10 patients say* that:
- the care they received during the diagnoses of stroke was efficient.
- they received explanations from their physician regarding any tests and treatments that they received.
- the nursing staff was knowledgeable about stroke care.
- the rehabilitation services they received were helpful in their recovery
- they were given information to help them achieve a healthy lifestyle
The information our patients give us about their hospital experience is important to us. We listen carefully and continually use patient feedback in order to make important changes and improvements to our stroke program.
*Data reflects feedback from patients treated for stroke July-December 2012
Public Reporting of Outcomes for Interventional Neurosurgical Procedures performed at Capital Health Regional Medical Center, Trenton, NJ (as specified by Joint Commission Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification)